Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Oregon AG Rosenblum To Run Again



Oregon attorney general, Ellen Rosenblum has announced her intention to run for another term of office

Oregon’s chief law-enforcement officer made the announcement during her talk at last night’s Columbia Forum at the Columbia Memorial Hospital Community Center in Astoria, after an audience member asked her to address a rumor she was losing interest in the job.

“I love this job.  I’m honored to have gotten to serve.  Sometimes I just kind of, have to tickle myself a little bit to make sure this is really for real, because for me it’s really brought together my entire career and makes me feel like I can serve you well, based in part on who I am and what I care about, but also the background that I bring to the job.  So with your indulgence, I do plan to run for a second term, and I look forward to that.  (applause)

Rosenblum, was elected to a four-year term as Oregon’s first female attorney general in 2012. She will next be up for election in 2016. 

Rosenblum said her priorities are for protecting ordinary Oregonians, with an emphasis on  children, seniors and vulnerable populations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment